APhA Awards and Honors Program
APhA Awards and Honors Program:
The APhA Awards and Honors Program is the profession’s most comprehensive recognition program. Over the years, APhA has recognized numerous individuals, organizations, and schools/colleges of pharmacy for their contributions to advancing the profession of pharmacy. Through its awards program, APhA believes it can stimulate research, practice innovations, quality publications, and leadership development that will improve medication use and advance patient care.
2019 APhA Awards and Honors Program timeline:
June 15, 2018: APhA nominations process opens.
June 15 - September 1, 2018: Nominations accepted via online submission. Nominations will not be accepted by any other means.
December 2018: Award recipients notified.
March 22 - 25, 2019: 2019 APhA Award recipients recognized in Seattle, WA.
Provided below is a listing of professionwide, practitioner, and scientific awards that APhA presents. Learn more about each award by visiting its webpage.
Professionwide, practitioner, and scientific awards offered by APhA:
- Remington Honor Medal
- Hugo H. Schaefer Award
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award
- Good Government Pharmacist-of-the-Year Award
- Honorary Membership
- Honorary President
- Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award
- H.A.B. Dunning Award
- Fellows of the American Pharmacists Association
- Distinguished Federal Pharmacist Award
- Distinguished New Practitioner Award
- Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award
- Generation Rx Award of Excellence
- Daniel B. Smith Practice Excellence Award
- APhA Pharmacy Management Excellence Award
- APhA Academy of Pharmacy Practice & Management (APhA-APPM) Distinguished Achievement awards
- APhA-APPM William H. Briner Distinguished Achievement Award in Nuclear Pharmacy Practice
- APhA-APPM Presentation Merit Award
- Takeru Higuchi Research Prize
*Recognized no more than once every 3 years. Nominations process open in 2020 for 2021 recipient
- Ebert Prize
- The Tyler Prize for Stimulation of Research
*Recognized no more than once every 3 years. Nominations process open in 2019 for 2020 recipient
- Research Achievement Award in the Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Wiederholt Prize for Best Published Paper Award for Economic, Social, and Administrative Sciences
- Clinical Research Paper Award
- Postgraduate Best Paper Award
- Kilmer Prize
Students and faculty, learn more about APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) Awards & Scholarships.
Interested in learning about the most recent recipients? Review the 2018 APhA In Recognition of Excellence Awards Booklet.
If you have any questions regarding the APhA Awards Program, you may reach the APhA Awards administration staff at email@example.com.