The American Pharmacists Association is the largest association of pharmacists in the United States and is only organization advancing the entire pharmacy profession. Our expert staff, and strong volunteer leadership, including many experienced pharmacists, allow us to deliver vital leadership to help pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians find success and satisfaction in their work, while advocating for changes that benefit them and their patients.
From our headquarters in Washington, D.C., APhA prepares members to thrive at every career stage and in every pharmacy setting with world-class continuing education, transformative events, unique practice tools, and timely solutions to complex challenges. We’re committed to helping them deliver outstanding patient care, receive due recognition, and work at a full scope of practice. Pharmacists play a critical role in helping patients overcome illness and live healthier lives through chronic disease management and the fully effective use of their medicines. APhA advocates at the national level to give pharmacists a voice in decisions that affect their future while promoting their undeniable value to health care teams. Our goal is to facilitate pharmacists’ delivery of the highest quality patient-centered care.
The American Pharmacists Association inspires, innovates and creates opportunities for members and pharmacists worldwide to optimize medication use and health for all.
As the voice of pharmacy, the American Pharmacists Association leads the profession and equips members for their role as the medication expert in team-based, patient-centered care. APhA will accomplish this by:
- Advancing pharmacists' optimal roles in team-based, patient-centered care.
- Providing opportunities for professional development, recognition, differentiation, and leadership.
- Disseminating timely relevant information and state-of-the-art tools and resources.
- Raising societal awareness about the role of pharmacists as essential in patient care for optimal medication use.
- Creating unique opportunities for members to connect and share with peers across practice settings.
Our APhA 2018 Annual Report shares our year in review with you.