APhA Accepting Nominations for 2020 Annual Awards and Honors Program
Nominations are now being accepted for the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) annual awards and honors program. The awards will be presented at the APhA Annual meeting and Exposition in Washington, DC, March 20-23, 2020. The APhA awards and honors program is the most comprehensive recognition program in the profession of pharmacy.
American Pharmacists Association – Profession Wide Awards:
- Remington Honor Medal: the pharmacy profession’s highest honor, recognizes distinguished service on behalf of American pharmacy during the preceding year, culminating in the past year, or during a long period of outstanding activity or fruitful achievement.
- Hugo H. Schaefer Award: recognizes APhA members who have made outstanding voluntary contributions to society, the profession of pharmacy and APhA.
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award: recognizes APhA members who have made major contributions in government and/or legislative service at the local, state or national level.
- Good Government Pharmacist-of-the-Year Award: recognizes an individual pharmacist who actively contributes to the community through his or her involvement in the political process.
- Honorary Membership: is conferred upon individuals, either within or outside the pharmacy profession, whose activities and achievements have had a significant impact upon public health, the profession and its practitioners.
- Honorary President: is conferred by the Association upon a member who has made significant contributions to the Association.
- Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award: recognizes an individual who has promoted and encouraged pharmacists to attain leadership positions within pharmacy through example as a role model and mentor.
- H.A.B. Dunning Award: recognizes an exemplary contribution to APhA and the practice of pharmacy by a pharmaceutical manufacturer, provider of support products or service, or other entities such as wholesalers, chain corporations, etc.
- Distinguished Federal Pharmacist Award: recognizes a pharmacist who has distinguished himself or herself and the profession through outstanding contributions in federal pharmacy practice, resulting in significant improvement in the health of the nation and/or the population he or she serves.
- Distinguished New Practitioner Award: recognizes an APhA member, within his/her first five years after graduation, who has demonstrated distinctive achievements in mentorship, service and commitment to the profession of pharmacy.
- Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award: recognizes a community pharmacy residency director or preceptor who has demonstrated excellence in precepting, mentoring, leadership and community pharmacy residency program administration.
- Generation Rx Award of Excellence: recognizes an APhA member pharmacist who has demonstrated a commitment to substance abuse education.
American Pharmacists Association – Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APhA-APPM):
- Daniel B. Smith Practice Excellence Award: recognizes an APhA member, in any practice setting, who has distinguished himself or herself and the profession of pharmacy by sustained outstanding performance and achievement.
- APhA-APPM Pharmacy Management Excellence Award: recognizes an APhA member in any practice setting who has distinguished himself/herself and the profession by outstanding performance in the area of pharmacy management.
- APhA-APPM Distinguished Achievement Awards: recognize individuals who have made a significant or sustained contribution to pharmacy practice and have advanced the missions of APhA and APhA-APPM.
- Distinguished Achievement in Pharmacy Practice
- Distinguished Achievement in Pharmacy Management
- Distinguished Achievement in Service
- APhA-APPM William H. Briner Distinguished Achievement Award in Nuclear Pharmacy Practice: recognizes significant or sustained contributions to nuclear pharmacy practice.
American Pharmacists Association – Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science (APhA-APRS):
- The Tyler Prize for Stimulation of Research: recognizes an individual(s) for encouraging research by peers, students, fellows, residents and others via publications or by directing research, serving as a preceptor, or mentoring in any discipline of the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Research Achievement Award in the Pharmaceutical Sciences: recognizes outstanding, meritorious achievement in any of the pharmaceutical sciences.
Fellows of the American Pharmacists Association:
Fellows are either members of the APhA Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APhA-APPM) or the APhA Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science (APhA-APRS) with a minimum of 10 years professional experience. To become a Fellow, members must have demonstrated exemplary professional achievements and service to the profession through activities with APhA and other national, state or local professional organizations.
Guidelines for nominations and complete criteria for each award are available at http://www.pharmacist.com/awards. Nominations are due no later than September 1, 2019. Please submit all nomination materials online. Nominations will not be accepted by mail or email. Nominator and support signatures are required on all letters. Award recipients will be notified in December 2019. For any APhA award related questions, please email email@example.com.