The 2017-18 APhA Academy of Pharmaceutical Research & Science (APhA-APRS) Goals reflect the Academy’s focus on leadership development; advancing the profession through the discovery, dissemination, and application of basic sciences, clinical sciences, and research to improve patient health outcomes; policy; and educational programming.
2017-2018 APhA-APRS Goals:
- Align APhA-APRS Academy Leadership priority goals, objectives, tactics, and action steps to the strategic plan priorities of the Association.
- Actively engage members to provide feedback, input, and guidance to staff in the completion of work products of the Association.
- Convene and engage members in structured workgroups to complete projects with a defined scope of work that produces specific deliverables and work products.
- Use member expertise to contribute to projects that advance APhA's goals related to provider status, specifically in the areas of research activity and identification and utilization of evidence and outcomes data (e.g., PQA, publication of MTM-focused practice based research).
- Assist the Association by providing expertise to the APhA Board of Trustees and Staff on issues related to the pharmaceutical sciences and emerging issues facing the profession. (e.g., follow-on biologics, drug shortages, sustainability, pharmacy practice-based research, pharmacogenomics, and careers in the pharmaceutical sciences).
- Develop leaders for the Association and the profession.
- Evaluate the structure, functioning, activities, outcomes and resource needs of the Academy, and make appropriate recommendations to the Board by September 2017.
- Work with APhA-APPM to develop a process to support the Association’s development of leaders.
- Working with the other Academies, identify and develop guidance to Academy members addressing a patient care referral system for pharmacy.