What are the goals of the Postgraduate Initiative?
- To promote scientific research among peers.
- To increase communication and interaction among postgraduate members.
- To establish collaborative relationships between members and postgraduate leaders.
- To increase awareness and to make available postgraduate related resources, tools and opportunities.
Who oversees the Postgraduate Initiative?
Who does the Postgraduate Initiative benefit?
- Reduced membership dues
- Discounted registration to the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition
- Opportunity to present research and to compete for the APhA-APRS Postgraduate Best Paper Award
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with colleagues across the country
- Opportunity to serve on an APhA-APRS Committee
- Opportunity to serve in elected and non-elected leadership positions
- Serve as Academy Delegate in the APhA House of Delegates and speak on the role of science and research in the pharmacy profession
Why should postgraduate members attend the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition?
- The Postgraduate Initiative offers unique programming for postgraduate members during the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition. One such event includes the APhA-APRS Postgraduate Forum. This is also where the Postgraduate Best Paper Award is announced.
- Detailed information on the postgraduate related sessions and events can be accessed on the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition website: https://aphameeting.pharmacist.com.
- For questions related to the Postgraduate Initiative, elected and non-elected member volunteer opportunities within the Academy and the APhA-APRS Postgraduate Advisory Committee, please contact APhA-APRS Postgraduate Officer Tessa Hastings ( email@example.com )
APhA-APRS Postgraduate Spotlight
- Increasing the Impact of Your Research
- How to Get the Most Out of Mentoring: Tips for Grad Students and New Faculty
Resources for Prospective Postgrads:
Past APhA-APRS Postgraduate Forums:
2020: Increasing the Impact of Your Research
2019: A Postgraduate’s Guide for Interviewing
2018: How to Write a Stellar Biosketch for a Grant Proposal
2017: Incorporating Learners into Research
2016: The Entrepreneurial Spirit: Turning Ideas into Reality
2015: Landing Your Dream Job: Advice on the Job Search, Interview and Negotiation Process
2014: Building Better Bridges: Strategies for Successful Collaboration in Interdisciplinary Research
2013: Is that your final question? Selecting and refining great research questions
2012: Writing and publishing insights from the clinician, researcher, and editor perspectives
2011: Show me the funding: Help for new investigators
2010: Beyond graduation: Discovering your career possibilities