CPE webinar that reviews the clinical use of Paxlovid and discusses available efficacy and safety data.
CPE webinar that reviews the clinical use of molnupiravir and discusses available efficacy and safety data.
Free training program designed to fully satisfy the requirements of the PREP Act by supplementing the Pharmacy-based Immunization Delivery certificate training programs.
HHS COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator is a national map healthcare providers can use to direct patients to COVID-19 therapies.
COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Treatment: Considerations for therapy and the pharmacist’s role (January 19, 2022)
FAQ that compares the COVID-19 oral antivirals authorized for treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 infection, reviews patient eligibility, and provides key information for pharmacists’ engaged in dispensing and patient counseling. (Know the Facts – PDF)
Molnupiravir: An Oral Antiviral for the Treatment of COVID-19 (January 5, 2022)
Molnupiravir is an oral antiviral authorized to be administered in the outpatient setting for individuals with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 who exhibit mild to moderate symptoms. We will review the indications, discuss available efficacy and safety data, and consider the clinical use of molnupiravir. (Education During COVID-19 – CPE)
Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers: Emergency Use Authorization for Molnupiravir
Merck and Ridgeback’s Investigational Oral Antiviral Molnupiravir Reduced the Risk of Hospitalization or Death by Approximately 50 Percent Compared to Placebo for Patients with Mild or Moderate COVID-19 in Positive Interim Analysis of Phase 3 Study
Nirmatrelvir and Ritonavir (Paxlovid™): An Oral Antiviral for the Treatment of COVID-19 (January 7, 2022)
Paxlovid is the first oral antiviral authorized to be administered in the outpatient setting for individuals with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 who exhibit mild to moderate symptoms. We will review the indications, discuss currently available efficacy and safety data, and consider its place in therapy. (Education During COVID-19 – CPE)
ISMP Medication Safety Issues with Paxlovid (January 3, 2022)
Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers: Emergency Use Authorization for Paxlovid
Pfizer’s Novel COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Treatment Candidate Reduced Risk of Hospitalization or Death by 89% in Interim Analysis of Phase 2/3 EPIC-HR Study
ASPR’s Fact Sheet: COVID-19 Test to Treat
Monoclonal Antibody Therapies
- Remdesivir RCT Data (June 5, 2020)
FDA issued an emergency use authorization allowing the prescription of remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19 on May 1, 2020. On this episode of 15 on COVID-19, we take a closer look at the trial details and the resulting data. (APhA 15 on COVID-19 Video)
- Remdesivir Updates (May 4, 2020)
Remdesivir is back in the news. On this episode of 15 on COVID-19 episode, we examine the results of two randomized, placebo-controlled trials looking at remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19. (APhA 15 on COVID-19 Video)
- Viral Properties and Remdesivir Updates (April 24, 2020)
New information and new rumors about COVID-19 come out every day. Watch this episode of 15 on COVID-19, where we’ll dispel remdesivir rumors and revisit some of the physical properties of the COVID-19 virus, such as aerosolization properties and surface stability. (APhA 15 on COVID-19 Video)
- Remdesivir (April 3, 2020)
Have you heard about remdesivir’s potential as a treatment for COVID-19? On this episode of 15 on COVID-19, we explore the possibilities. (APhA 15 on COVID-19 Video)
- NIH’s COVID-19 Therapeutics Prioritized for Testing in Clinical Trials lists medications being studied, but not yet recommended to prevent or treat COVID-19 disease.
- Anticoagulation (May 15, 2020)
Have you heard that patients with COVID-19 are at increased risk of clots? In this 15 on COVID-19 episode, we examine the available evidence and review the literature on the benefits of anticoagulation in patients with COVID-19. (APhA 15 on COVID-19 Video)
- Dexamethasone (July 31, 2020)
Finally, a drug has demonstrated improved survival outcomes in COVID-19. Fortunately for everyone, that drug is a widely available, inexpensive drug that we are all familiar with: dexamethasone. Watch this episode of 15 on COVID-19 for a review of the dexamethasone data in COVID-19. (APhA 15 on COVID-19 Video)
- IL-6 Antagonists (April 6, 2020)
Tocilizumab, usually used to treat autoimmune disorders, has begun appearing in conversations about COVID-19. Why would an antirheumatic drug be useful for COVID-19? This episode of 15 on COVID-19 outlines the connection. (APhA 15 on COVID-19 Video)
- FDA’s Decision to Block Pharmacists from Ordering COVID-19 Oral Antivirals Will Hurt COVID Positive Patients, National Pharmacy Groups Warn (December 22, 2021)
- Pharmacy Groups: CMS Guidance Sets Up Oral Antivirals for Failure, Limiting Patients’ Access to COVID-19 Treatments (November 30, 2021)
- APhA, AMA, and ASHP joint statement opposing the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 (September 1, 2021)
- Joint Statement of AMA, APhA, and ASHP on New FDA Action to Remove Emergency Use Authorization of Medications to Treat COVID-19 (June 23, 2020)
- Updated: Joint Statement of AMA, APhA, and ASHP on Ensuring Access to Medicines (April 17, 2020)
- APhA Guidance for Patients and Caregivers About Medication Supply During the Coronavirus Pandemic (March 19, 2020)