The APhA-APPM Public Health Special Interest Group (SIG) is to
- highlight the role of the pharmacist in public health;
- expand practice models that demonstrate the impact of the pharmacist in public health;
- strengthen workforce development opportunity for pharmacists, including education and post-graduate training; and
- convene stakeholders to advance the role of the pharmacist in population health.
The purpose is to serve as the leading convening body across APhA and the profession to promote and advance the role of the pharmacist in public health.
APhA-APPM SIG Leaders
APhA-APPM Public Health SIG 2023-2024 Committees
- Advocacy Committee
The Advocacy Committee will lead initiatives that highlight the role of the pharmacist in public health, inform and support APhA public health policy priorities, and contribute to the policy development process.
- Community Engagement Committee
The Community Engagement Committee will lead the development of a toolkit that supplements the framework developed by the 2021-22 Public Health SIG on pharmacist engagement in public health, as well as build relationships and identify opportunities to collaborate with APhA SIGs and external partners.
- Education Committee
The Education Committee will lead initiatives that strengthen pharmacy's understanding of and engagement in public health, such as APhA Annual Meeting programming, continuing education, webinars, and other resources.
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
Visit our Volunteer page to review available member volunteer opportunities and to submit an application for consideration.
Questions? Contact the SIG Coordinator