Preceptor SIG Community
To create a professional network of pharmacists who share an interest in any or all aspects of precepting student pharmacists and/or pharmacy residents.
To create an interactive community where pharmacists who precept students and residents have the opportunity to communicate and get feedback on precepting strategies, precepting challenges and solutions, and opportunities for preceptor growth and development. This community will also serve as a conduit for APhA to a) identify practice-based teaching models that support the advancement of patient-care services and b) address training and development needs of preceptor pharmacists in order to continually improve the quality of experiential teaching within the profession of pharmacy.
APhA-APPM SIG Leaders
2020-21 SIG Committee Leaders
- Communication Chair: Ha Phan
- Education Chair: Hanna Sung
APhA-APPM Preceptor SIG Committees
Purpose: To utilize the pharmacist.com website for communication among preceptors; to identify resource needs among preceptors.
- Increase member activity and discussion on Engage platform by following a post schedule.
- Promote APhA Preceptor offerings on a quarterly basis.
- Create a “notes to myself as an early preceptor” open forum to profile lessons learned and provide ideas for new practitioners/new preceptors.
Purpose: To develop a valuable toolkit of learning activities for preceptors.
- Complete and evaluate the needs assessment for preceptor toolkit materials.
- Finalize initial Preceptor Toolkit deliverables by March 2021
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
The call for committee leaders and members has ended. Please contact the Coordinator if you are interested in volunteering your time.
APhA-APPM Preceptor SIG New Practitioner Spotlight
Each month, the Preceptor SIG will highlight the activities and accomplishments of a New Practitioner member.