Diabetes Management SIG Community
The mission of the APhA-APPM Diabetes Management Special Interest Group (SIG) is to create a support network for pharmacists and student pharmacists who share an interest in the area of diabetes management. The APhA-APPM Diabetes Management SIG will allow pharmacists and student pharmacists in this area of practice to connect with others in the field and provide opportunities to discuss up-to-date disease management information.
Members of the APhA-APPM Diabetes Management SIG will be able to share education materials, clinical updates, training events, and other information related to the care of patients with diabetes. The APhA-APPM Diabetes Management SIG will also be a home for pharmacists and student pharmacists to share planning information for community service events geared towards patients with diabetes.
APhA-APPM Diabetes Management SIG Leaders
APhA-APPM Diabetes Management SIG 2022-23 Committees
- Appoint 2 ENGAGE moderators.
- Create and posts a monthly “In Case You Missed” ICYMI post to ENGAGE
- Create and posts a bimonthly patient case to ENGAGE
- Create and posts a bimonthly SIG member feature to ENGAGE
Education/Best Practices Committee
- Assist the SIG Coordinator in recommending topics, practice gaps, clinical updates, and potential speakers to the APhA Education Department
- Identify topics and coordinates speakers for the biannual webinar series
- Create and posts a quarterly journal blue to ENGAGE
- Create and posts diabetes and cardiometabolic-related guideline updates
Professional Affairs Committee
- Suggest, draft, and submit one new business item to APhA-APPM for consideration by the 2022 House of Delegates
- Develop and maintain a library of documents and practice resources relevant to the SIG membership.
- Coordinate the Annual APhA-APPM SIG PAC Challenge in Fall 2022.
- Identify and implement strategies for networking and collaboration among SIG members.
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
Visit our Volunteer page to review available member volunteer opportunities and to submit an application for consideration.
Questions? Contact the SIG Coordinator
APhA-APPM Diabetes Management SIG Resources
BC-ADM vs. CDE
Are you looking to make a difference in your career by having a large impact on the lives of patients with diabetes? Obtaining diabetes credentials from an accredited program can offer pharmacists a pathway for professional development in their care delivery. Learn the difference between the American Diabetes Educator's Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) and the American Diabetes Association's Board Certified Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) designations to see which one may be right for you. This resource was created by members of the APhA-APPM Diabetes Management Special Interest Group (SIG). (Note: APhA members must log in to download this PDF.)
The Skinny on Weight Loss Webinar
Review the home study version of the APhA-APPM Diabetes Management SIG's webinar, The Skinny on Weight Loss: A Review of Pharmacological Obesity Management. This webinar reviews pharmacologic anti-obesity options, including the newest agents and their place in therapy for the management of overweight/obese adults. Brush up on how to differentiate between weight loss agents and learn when agents are appropriate to use in various patient populations.