APhA Student Leadership Awards
Established in 1983, the APhA Student Leadership Awards recognize outstanding academic achievement and leadership ability in APhA-ASP at the local, regional, and national levels of students who are currently in their next to the last year of pharmacy school. The awards are endowed by Procter & Gamble.
All nominees must be members of APhA-ASP who are currently in their next to the last year of graduation from an accredited school or college of pharmacy. An accumulated grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) must be maintained. Members of the APhA-ASP National Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination. Chapters may nominate only one candidate per year.
The nominator is responsible for submitting the award nomination packet online via Formsite. The deadline for nomination materials is December 15th annually. The award nomination packet includes:
- Nomination form
- A letter from the nominator describing how the nominee meets the criteria for the award
- Three letters of recommendation are required; a maximum of 6 letters accepted
- A current CV or detailed résumé
- A letter from college registrar or designee verifying the student’s current GPA
The APhA-ASP Awards Committee selects award recipients based upon careful review of complete nominations.
Nature of the Award
The award consists of a scholarship of $500 and a laminated plaque to each recipient, presented at the APhA-ASP Awards Ceremony during the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition.
Past Award Recipients
The APhA Student Leadership Awards have been presented to 4 students annually at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition since 1985.
- Kathryn B. Albert - University of South Florida
- Connor M. Anderson - Ferris State University
- Matthew Broadwater - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Laurie Plewinski - University at Buffalo
The deadline for nomination materials is December 15.