The APhA Fellow Award was established to honor APhA members for exemplary professional achievements in professional practice and outstanding service to the profession up to that period of time through activities in APhA and other organizations. Recipients of the APhA Fellow Award may continue to utilize the designation, FAPhA, as long as their professional license, if a licensed pharmacist, is in good standing, and they maintain their APhA membership.
Nominate a colleague for the 2021 APhA-APPM or APhA-APRS Fellow!
2020 APhA-APPM and APhA-APRS Fellows****
The designations “APhA Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APhA-APPM) Fellow” and “APhA Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science (APhA-APRS) Fellow” to honor respective academy members for exemplary service and achievements in their professional area were established in 1987. In 1995, the APhA Board of Trustees acted to designate all fellows, regardless of their academy affiliation, as “APhA Fellows” (no academy specific designation). However, the selection of fellows is still made by the respective academies. In 1995, the board also increased the number of fellows allowed per academy per year from 5 to a maximum of 10. Nominees for recognition in 2021 must have graduated before March 2010.
The nominee must be an APhA-APPM or APhA-APRS member with a minimum of 10 years exemplary professional experience and achievements in professional practice. An APhA Fellow also has rendered outstanding service to the profession through activities in APhA and in other organizations. Examples of service to organizations may include: having held an elected or appointed office, service on a committee, expert panel or review board, or other relevant activities. Self-nominations are allowed. Nominees for recognition in 2021 must have graduated before March 2010.
Applications will be evaluated based upon the following criteria (listed alphabetically: not in rank order):
- APhA related activities (leadership, committees, speaker, publication contributor/reviewer, etc.)
- Awards and recognition
- Community service
- Impact on the profession (Innovative Practice, research, scholarly activities)
- Participation in other professional associations
The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete award nomination at the following link: Award Nomination Form
. The nominations deadline is September 1
The nomination is to include the following items:
- A letter from the nominator describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award is optional
- Two letters of recommendation are required; a maximum of two letters accepted. A letter from the nominator will not count towards one of the two letters required.
- A current curriculum vitae or detailed résumé
The selection is made by the APhA-APPM or APhA-APRS Awards Committee, based upon careful review of complete nominations and criteria as listed above.
Nature of award: