The 2016-2017 APhA-APPM Goals reflect the Academy’s focus on the growth of Special Interest Groups (SIGs), leadership development, development of innovative materials to assist pharmacists in offering best-practice services, promotion of and participation in MTM services, coordinated care models and provider status.
2016-2017 APhA-APPM Goals:
- Align APhA-APPM Academy Leadership priority goals, objectives, tactics and action steps to the strategic plan priorities of the Association.
- Actively engage members to provide feedback, input and guidance to staff in the completion of work products of the Association.
- Convene and engage members in structured workgroups to complete projects with defined scope of work that produces specific deliverables and work products.
- Optimize the value of APhA membership through active participation of members in the APhA-APPM SIG structure.
- Implement the best practices document for the functioning of SIGs, alignment of SIGs with the Strategic Plan, and a plan to drive increased participation in PAC, Foundation, Annual meeting attendance by SIG members and share with the other academies.
- Contribute to the development of resources to assist pharmacists to fully engage in the integrated care models and opportunities resulting from passage of provider status.
- Develop leaders for the Association and the profession.
- Work with APhA-APRS to develop a process to relaunch the Fellows Think Tank and contribute to the association’s development of leaders and future directions.
- Working with the other Academies, identify and develop guidance to Academy members focused on meeting the theme “Together we can engage the Power of Community.”